A few random finallies (that is a word as of now):
1. So, I’m finally swimming again, and, let me tell you, it feels so good. I’ve actually been able to do a full 100 IM without feeling exhausted, which is pretty much nothing to the seasoned (or even high school) swimmers of this world, but it’s a lot for me. I’ve never had much endurance, so I’m quite thrilled, actually. My little brother has been writing out work-outs for me and he comes along and coaches me; it’s so cute. The first time we went, he walked along the edge of the pool when I swam backstroke and bugged me about keeping my chin back!
Oh, and sunlight coming in through a tall window and shinning through the water onto the bottom of a pool is positively beautiful and otherworldly.
2. When I heard the song that I posted a while back (Entreat Me Not To Leave You), I decided that, at some point in my life, I was going to sing it in a choir. This year, I was accepted into a local college choir, and I couldn’t help but send our director that song and ask him if we could sing it. I could barely believe it when he said he loves the song and that we’ll sing it next semester!
3. This summer, we finally went back to upstate New York (up by Rochester) to visit Dad’s family. It’s actually been five years—I about fell over when I saw my cousins! The oldest one has changed so much! I loved spending time with them (especially the oldest—she and I share a common passion for music), and I just can’t wait to go back. Besides, upstate New York is gorgeous—you’re missing out if you’ve never been there.
4. So, since my Aunt on Dad’s side lives just about 30 minutes from Rochester, I just had to set up a tour at Eastman School of Music. I loved it! I felt a really unique sense of community from the student who was bringing us on the tour, and he even said that the competition there is friendly—the musicians there want their fellow students to improve and excel (which is really unusual at a music school—usually, everyone just wants to be better than everyone else).
5. I’m finally getting my lever harp this weekend 🙂
So, that’s what’s new with me. I hope to be able to post more regularly, but I’m pretty busy, so I can’t promise anything.
Have a great weekend!